Annotate Office Documents on your iPad or iPhone
The iPad is a great companion in business. It lets you have all your files and documents with you, taking notes or collaborate with colleagues – all with one beautiful and handy device.
Numerous of apps are available on the App Store that support your workflows. They often support a lot of functionality, which is derived from standard applications from traditional PC’s or notebooks, but the downside is this mobile devices require different ways to interact with an app. Ease of use is key to be productive with an iPad.
Until now I have not found the right app that lets me use my iPad in meetings like I am used to with my laptop or even printouts.
There are several limitations:
- Apps that support annotating PDFs are often very difficult to handle and it takes too long for fast note taking. Typing is on an iPad much faster than handwriting.
- Adding notes to non PDF files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is not possible without the document editor itself or prior converting to PDF.
- You need to switch between file preview and note editing when you use a different app for note taking. That makes you also slow.
Because of that no app I have tried so far really convinced me. Thus it was time to create “FileNotes”.
FileNotes should exactly address the needs I have to be productive in meetings:
- Previewing a large number of file types.
- Adding text notes which are directly linked to the file.
- Taking notes without leaving the preview.
- Sending notes back to e-mail recipients or exporting to other storage locations.